Harness the power of edge network intelligence
By Atchison Frazer, Category Marketing, Edge Services Platform, Aruba, A Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company.
What is the edge? It could be a workplace, a hospital, a large sports stadium, a school or even the home of a teleworker. In these environments, massive amounts of data are generated by users, devices and objects. Organizations that successfully leverage this data – analyzing it and acting in real time at the source of the transaction closest to the user – can reveal valuable information and deliver new services.
For example, the abundance of IoT sensors and high resolution / high frame rate cameras has made it much easier to digitize the network performance and behavior data stream. IoT devices generate huge amounts of data over short periods of time; Business leaders demand near real-time analysis and action based on data generated at the edge.
Enabling businesses to leverage and analyze edge data from every connected device in real time reduces “decision latency”. This enables organizations to deliver enriched experiences, new revenue streams, and accelerate innovation, while improving operational efficiency and employee productivity for improved profitability.
Capture value with intelligent edge networking
Edge computing and intelligent edge networks enter the mainstream as organizations seek to extend the cloud to an on-premises hybrid model and leverage IoT and transformational digital business applications that drive digital business applications. ” adoption of new use cases such as:
- Autonomous robots, vehicles and drones that improve the speed and accuracy of routine on-board operations and supply chain logistics.
- Presence of AI for profiling retail buyers, including NFR for one-off promotion through loyalty apps and smart SKUs, in addition to contactless payments.
- Industrial manufacturing that integrates high resolution sensors and cameras to ensure product quality of complex systems and facilitate the convergence of IT, OT and IIOT.
To support organizations throughout their digital transformation journey, which increasingly takes place on the periphery, Aruba has developed Aruba ESP (Edge Services Platform) – an AI-powered cloud native platform to automate, unify and protect the edge. Ultimately, Aruba ESP eliminates infrastructure complexity to overcome traditional network limitations in operations, management, and security, all with optimized performance and a lower overall cost of ownership. .
IT managers should carefully assess their infrastructure and operational models to ensure that the network, tools and operator experience are ready to support business success in this new era of information and value. data derived from edge data, while taking into account the following challenges:
- Management in silos – over WAN, wired and wireless networks through campuses, branch offices, data centers and remote worker locations.
- Lack of visibility and insight: IT visibility into existing or potential issues decreases as infrastructure and users move beyond the walls of a traditional office or data center.
- Highly Manual Processes: In the data age, with an explosion of network-connected devices, objects and locations, manual operations make it difficult for IT to keep pace.
- Increased Security Threats – The IT perimeter continues to expand thanks to the exponential growth of IoT devices and the emergence of a more mobile workforce.
IT teams must prepare their network infrastructure to meet business requirements for continuity and resiliency. Enter Aruba ESP.
The Foundation of Peripheral Networking: Aruba ESP
Aruba ESP focuses on three technical areas to lay the foundation for an intelligent edge network, all with flexible consumption and financing models give companies the choice:
In all three areas, along with a Network as a Service offering, Aruba ESP can help IT to:
- Identify and resolve issues quickly, anticipating issues before they affect the business.
- Protect yourself against advanced threats from an endangered security perimeter.
- Monitor and manage thousands of wired, wireless, and WAN devices at campuses, branch offices, data centers, or remote worker locations.
- Rapidly deploy large-scale network services to meet changing business needs.
- Enable continued investment in infrastructure in the face of uncertain financial challenges, including reducing overall IT costs.
Organizational juggling and wrestling with traditional networks will only intensify as emerging technologies such as 5G, 6E Wi-Fi and SD-WAN are adopted. Fortunately, businesses can ease adoption challenges with Aruba ESP, which works in all types of environments to support digital transformation cost-effectively.
The imperative to improve productivity, throughput and uptime strategies, especially in the manufacturing sector where supply chains are still limited, has never been more urgent than during the period of the pandemic recovery COVID-19 and the search for a smart, hybrid workplace.
Do you want to know how Aruba ESP can help you lower your business costs? Check out the Aruba ESP Calculator: https://www.arubanetworks.com/esg-esp/
For more details on the benefits of Aruba ESP for your organization, read the ESG report “The Economic Benefits of Aruba ESP” (Edge Services Platform) at https://connect.arubanetworks.com/ESP_Validation
Copyright © 2021 IDG Communications, Inc.